Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Katy Perry Signs on for "Raising Hope" Guest Role

We know she is a great singer, but can Katy Perry be just as impressive in front of the camera?

The "California Girl" singer is taking her chances at an acting role, as she guest stars on an upcoming episode of the FOX comedy "Raising Hope."

According to Entertainment Weekly, the pop icon will be starring in the March 6th episode titled "Single White Female" while playing the role of Rikki, a prison attendant who claims to be an old friend of Sabrina?s (Shannon Woodward).

In the episode, Woodward is arrested after participating in an Occupy Natesville protest and is sentenced to two weeks in the slammer while Rikki (Perry) is sure to make her stay a memorable one.

Perry and Woodward are also friends off-screen which gave creator Greg Garcia a good reason to give her a shot. In a statement to Entertainment Weekly, Garcia said, ?Shannon told me that her friend Katy was interested in doing an episode and I thought, why not? Let?s do your friend Katy a favor. Then she came in and did a terrific job. And now people are telling me that Katy is also a singer. I sincerely hope that her appearance on the show helps her get her singing career off the ground.?

What did the California beauty think of her new gig? ?A couple of weeks ago, I was home, just toasting up a frozen chicken fillet when Shannon called me up and asked if I wanted to do something ?fun? for a change and try out a guest role on her TV show. I thought, sure, I have nothing else to do, and I like chillin? with my best friend. Greg was nice, but I hope he?s not secretly sabotaging my potential future career by type-casting me in the role of just a looker, so that I would never be able to play anything more challenging,? Katy told.

Perry also tweeted an on-set picture while writing, "@shannonwoodward, I hope I don't get type-cast. twitpic.com/8ncq1s."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/katy-perry/katy-perry-signs-raising-hope-guest-role-588261

Adrianne Palicki Aisha Tyler Aki Ross Alecia Elliott Alessandra Ambrosio Alexis Bledel Ali Campoverdi Ali Larter Alice Dodd Alicia Keys Alicia Witt Amanda Bynes Amanda Detmer Amanda Marcum Amanda Peet

No comments:

Post a Comment